Imagine, just for a moment, that due to an unfortunate turn of events your wardrobe was narrowed to a mere 10 items. What garments/accessories couldn’t you do without? Take it as a different approach on the mandatory pageant question: “if you were stranded on a desert island….”, but instead take a moment to evaluate what is really useful or what represents you best on a daily basis. Also, it may provide you with a few pointers on what’s a keeper, when carrying out the dreaded sorting of clothes you have been postponing for the last couple of years.
Here’s my list (in no particular order):
- Levi’s 511 slim (preferably in a dark wash);
- Sunglasses: Rayban Original Wayfarer or Aviators;
- Chinos (in khaki, navy, black ..) - mine are from ACNE, love the slim fit
- Oxford shirt (solid colored, striped, checked and in a variety of colours);
- Canvas plimsoles (love the ones found at the hardware stores in Bricklane, London, 7€)
- Navy Peacoat (timeless classic and keeps you warm in the freezing cold)
- Boat Shoes (rock them all year long, no socks if your ankles can stand the cold)
- A reliable watch (if you love them as much as I do invest in a horological timepiece, it will be passed on to your children)
- A trenchcoat ( I prefer the ones with the belt, and a tailored fit)
- And last but not least you may call me a cheater, but I couldn’t decide whether I should list a blazer for it’s versatility or a vintage item to spice things up with a bit of embodied story and personality…so I managed to merge them into a single item: my vintage double breasted tweed blazer
How about you? What are your 10 beloved items?