There’s more to Paris…
When most people think of fashion, they immediately associate it with glamorous shows, gorgeous models, outrageous creations walking down the runway and all the commotion that surrounds one of the oldest and most reputed industries in the world. The so called fashion capitals assume a most envied top position in consumers’ minds, drawing people from all over the world to visit unique shopping districts and flagship stores from renowned designers.
However, sometime in recent years and undoubtedly the result of an increasingly globalized industry, where people have unlimited access to information and product is made available worldwide, the search for uniqueness and differentiation has been growing steadily. What’s interesting about this movement, is that some of the best new brands are growing right at the core of those fashion driven cities…
Take Paris for instance…on the aftermath of yet another highly acclaimed fashion week, I thought the timing was right to express my love for an alternative Parisienne scene, home to some of the most outstanding projects I’ve seen in a long time. Whereas some have been around for a while, gaining momentum and establishing solid roots, others are taking the first steps into what I hope will be a promising future.
Run by brothers Swann and Loic Joachim, this has become a personal favourite when it comes to menswear, personal style and inspiration. There’s somewhat of a characteristic négligé trademark to Parisienne style they seamlessly embody and upgrade in each attire. Simply put, I find their style to be a paramount example of how suiting can be elevated to new standards, incorporating an urban, cosmopolitan feel and breaking with traditional concepts: paired with fitted tees or casual button downs and subtle accessories, they’re always able to look sharply on point without being stiff or overdressed.
One of the most successful examples coming out of the French capital, BWGH has been steadily growing from one season to the next. Beginning with an outstanding use of trademark graphic sweaters, the brand has since evolved to incorporate a comprehensive array of garments… From then, other ventures followed, as well as global praise and collaborations with giants such as Colette, Opening Cerimony, Kitsuné and the likes. Definitely one to keep under the radar.
Founded by Alexandre Mattiussi, Ami is probably the most renowned and mainstream label within this selection. A perfect example of timeless, quality menswear with a fresh take and an affordable (say, fair) price point. Chances are you already fell for one of their outstanding suits, jackets or topcoats, perfectly tailored and featuring beautiful, high quality fabrics. A well balanced label that’s sure to keep on delivering menswear essentials suitable to any wardrobe.
Inspired by Paris “red light district”, Stephane Ashpool created a label which transpires personality and the neighborhood’s ever-changing momentum. Cutting-edge and ground breaking in its own way, the collections translate multicultural influences ranging from hip-hop to basketball and streetwear, heavily marked by the designer’s experience growing up in the homonymous Parisienne hood.
Formerly known as Hixsept, the brand created by French duo Aurélien Arbet and Jérémie Egry reflects their rich background in arts and design, by combining elements of re-interpreted minimalism with color blocking and interesting use of fabric combinations. Aiming at reinventing themselves in each collection, they consistently present colorful, vibrant and refreshing items every season, combining great fit and design with some of the best lookbooks out there.
63 Notes/ Hide
- quelquechoses reblogged this from beyondfabric
- tar-nyc likes this
- my-librarian-was-a-bitch reblogged this from beyondfabric
- theraysapmob reblogged this from beyondfabric
- apparitionn reblogged this from beyondfabric
- patientwolf reblogged this from beyondfabric
- street--smarts reblogged this from blackmalefashion
- blackmalefashion reblogged this from beyondfabric
- tchamaillard likes this
- mraughton likes this
- magg-daddy likes this
- staprod likes this
- clownsandangels likes this
- smertsch-ru likes this
- kieshamaezing likes this
- gruposportivolento reblogged this from beyondfabric
- cheffit likes this
- makeupkittens reblogged this from beyondfabric
- someonetoldmeabout likes this
- thomasguice likes this
- thejackette likes this
- inscener likes this
- sirzillionthewilliam likes this
- jaredtales reblogged this from beyondfabric and added:
- jaredtales likes this
- urbanetiquette likes this
- heritagebygents likes this
- zendic likes this
- oldam likes this
- antonioysursa likes this
- tesla-wears-prada likes this
- thisfits likes this
- thedeeperdeion likes this
- absuhloot likes this
- listentothedancenow likes this
- blackmalefashion likes this
- digital-wardrobe likes this
- pinkgumbeaux likes this
- albamphilosophy likes this
- negroidprototype reblogged this from beyondfabric
- allenwlkr reblogged this from beyondfabric
- allenwlkr likes this
- alex-androvich likes this
- musingsofalondoner likes this
- robinfissore likes this
- uffuffdoberman likes this
- skybecomesadream likes this
- myfirstwordwascar reblogged this from beyondfabric